1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with Bush. His family, including his wife and his son the former president, not to mention staff, servants and various hangers on, decided to do nothing to stop this repeated (we're up to five now) molestation of completely innocent woman over a period of years. Hell, all they had to do was station the negro chauffeur behind the wheelchair to grab his arm right before the money shot. But no, because of privilege and/or fear of embarrassment they couldn't even do that.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Da fuq???

4. outofplace

Damn. I didn't bother with his post before adding mine. What the hell, Just the Facts?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

Damn. I don't pay much attention to women's basketball, but how can you not be a fan of Breanna Stewart after reading that? I'm sickened by what she went through, but damn impressed by her.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Too bad Rosie never had a platform she could have used to expose people like Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey.

8. outofplace

I denounce Rosie, and in this case, YF actually makes a good point. If she knew, why did she say nothing until now?

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that even if 'everybody knew' one doesn't risk getting sued if you don't have proof.

10. outofplace

That is a fair point, but I still see YF's point here. She knew, but as far as we know, did nothing to stop people from being hurt.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

In the case of Gian Gomeshi, women in the business told each other to be careful and tried to warn women new to the business. If you don't have legal proof what else can be done? (Not a smart ass comment, a genuine question).

lakefront likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.