1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They are discussing things as if they are facts when there is no evidence at all. Journalists should know better.

Of course, it has become abundantly clear that I have to keep my expectations for you extremely low.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Who are they?

3. outofplace

I was talking about this and other discussions on this board. By they I meant posters other than you. I already know you have no standards at all when it comes to backing up what you say.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm surprised a journalistic success like yourself lowers yourself to associating with the low-life journalist that frequent this site. I'm sure they are honored by your presence and appreciate your advice. Priceless networking for them.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

He also played Shawn Eckhardt in the Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan movie.

An appropriately creepy role for a disgusting human being (...oh shit, oop might chastise me for that...).

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    QYFW and JC like this.
  7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Should I issue an SJ.com correction? Who is the SJ.com ombudsman? If I run it past SJ.com's legal department, and it they're good to publish it, should I have SJ.com's editorial page director offer you equal time to defend the (alleged) Nickelodeon child molester?

JC likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Boom_70 used to be our official issuer of condolences. That was as close as we had. But its all gone to shit since he was booted.

9. outofplace

I don't work in journalism any more, which I have publicly stated in the past, but I clearly know more about the subject than you do.

So is it low-life journalists or were you using they to refer to one person of unspecified gender? I don't know why you are referring to fellow board members as low-life journalists. That doesn't seem cool at all. I certainly said no such thing. I just said we should have higher standards before we claim somebody is guilty.

Perhaps you were just trying to shift the discussion because it finally dawned on you that you were on the wrong side of the argument. Nah. That would be giving you too much credit.

10. outofplace

I'm not defending him, but apparently JC's issues are contagious. But thank you for doing it with humor rather than going for the thinly-veiled personal attack as he did.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This all sounds oddly familiar....

Never expected when I clicked this thread to see Dan Schneider cast as Ryan Braun 2.0.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  12. outofplace

Speaking of the knuckleheads....You did see the part where I said I'm not saying any of these people are innocent, right?

It should seem familiar, which is why I'm going out of my way to make things clear that some of y'all missed in previous discussions. Silly me suggesting y'all might want to actually know what you are talking about before posting. Please, go back to your bar stool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.