1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Baseball 2024 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jan 3, 2024.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Anybody?

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Greene & Jones make sense. I'm surprised you like Gleyber that much better than Marte. I haven't done a deep dive, but intuitively that doesn't feel right, though that might be the frustrated Yankees fan in me talking.

3. outofplace

Torres is younger. Over the last three years, he has been more durable and more consistent, which speaks more to Marte's trouble staying healthy and consistent.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Total miss on my copy and paste at the top. Would not skip Carroll, especially for a pitcher.

5. outofplace

I certainly wouldn't keep Bibee instead. Carroll's value may be a little inflated, but Bibee's stuff doesn't match his production last season. He's not bad, but the upside is limited.

6. bigpern23

Looking for advice. Getting ready for my dynasty season and I don’t have a 3B. Offered Framber Valdez ($35) to a guy for Gunnar Henderson ($5). He didn’t like Framber’s salary (which makes him a 1-year rental) and countered with Zac Gallen ($12). I’d like to hold on to a young, cheap pitcher, so I countered with Pablo Lopez ($29 - good for two years of control at reasonable salary).

Assuming he rejects that, would you make the Henderson for Gallen deal? I know where I’m leaning, but wanted to bounce it off the group.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

In a heartbeat.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. outofplace

I agree with Guy. I'd take Henderson for Gallen, too.

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. bigpern23

That was where I was leaning. The only real hesitation is that it probably means losing Gallen plus Valdez or Lopez since I need to shed salary.

10. bigpern23

I didn’t get back to it soon enough yesterday and the other owner canceled the offer. Apparently he spoke to another owner in our league who advised against it. I’m pretty pissed.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Look upon it as achieving a degree of parity in the league overall. Because you would have taken him to the cleaners on that deal. ;)

12. bigpern23

I don’t want parity, I want to DOMINATE :D

Draft saved Draft deleted