1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Baseball 2024 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jan 3, 2024.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yes, you can see how my head exploded a little when I saw it. I should have known, though, that it was for the week.

With 12 starts a week, you can certainly still do a lot of streaming. In fact, if I were streaming that many pitchers, I'd question if I had any untouchable guys. Right now, I feel like I have four starters and a closer who I can't waive for any reason, because they'll get gobbled up fast.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It depends on the depth of the league. I'm in one 14-team league with 10 active pitching spots (can be starters or relievers) and 12 bench spots. I have 10 starting pitchers and Bobby Miller probably coming off the IL some time in early June. I'm not streaming at all. I'm actually sitting pitchers with questionable matchups so I don't run out of innings too early. I've missed four or five great starts, including Bibee's gem a few days ago. I'm trying to trade one, but no luck so far. I'm not even just trying to trade my fringe guys. I've got every starting pitchers except Jared Jones on the block.

3. jr/shotglass

You're in a better league than mine, I think. It appears only four of 10 owners take hard looks at roster movement. But I still don't want to give those other three guys a shot at a Paul Skenes or a Ranger Suarez. They're my main competition.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Use those 12 starts, shotty!

5. outofplace

Agreed. I don't think there are leagues thin enough that Skenes or Suarez should be on the wire by now.

6. jr/shotglass

It's one of the intriguing parts of the genre, that's for sure. I try to be very careful that I don't stream just for the sake of racking up innings. But I try to keep at least one pitching spot fluid. Right now, I think it would be Stroman -- maybe Crochet, too, but he was nails last night. And if I see a free agent and think he has a shot at a quality start, I'll pull the trigger.

7. outofplace

How many teams are there in your league? In a 10-team league, Stroman is fungible. In a deeper league like my 14-teamer, maybe not.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ok so I received this offer …

Mason Miller ($3)/Semien($21) for Yordan ($12)
    /deGrom ($3)

I need help at 2B and have OF depth. I could also use pitching help, which Miller gives me ASAP and beyond.

Thoughts?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Who are your other outfielders?

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Soto, Tucker, Tatis, Suzuki

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, you’re fine. Make the deal.

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. bigpern23