1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Baseball 2024 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nah. I like the first deal better.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Same. Don’t want to give up two OFs and I hate the Red Sox lol

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  3. bigpern23

Gerritt Cole for Jose Ramirez straight up. I have Machado as a backup 3B. Would you do it?

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

no

5. bigpern23

Yeah, I agree. I turned it down last night.

6. bigpern23

Different league, keepers with similar rules to our baseball addicts league where keepers move up two rounds in the following season draft.

Got offered Glasnow (a 13th rounder next year) and Lindor (7th) for Burnes (17th). I’m tempted because I’m running Volpe out at SS, but Glasnow is a step down in most categories except Ks and he’s injury prone. Wondering if I risk the injury bug for five weeks and improve at SS or turn it down.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think I would do that

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I missed this. I would take that deal, too. All pitchers are injury risks. Take the hitting upgrade.

Then again, I've been in trade mode in my money league. I made three in the last four or five days and tried one more that was turned down. I saw a market inefficiency. The league has eight minor-league roster spots. I had a strong group, but noticed far too many quality prospects on the waiver wire, so I moved Ethan Salas and Cade Horton for much-needed offensive upgrades.

I got O'Hoppe, Raleigh, Miranda, and Rengifo for Horton, Bailey, and Higashioka. It's a two-catcher league and I've been struggling to fill those all season. There is some chance I will keep O'Hoppe, but it is likely Horton will be the only player from that deal kept by either team. It is worth it.

I also traded Salas and Hjersted for Tyler O'Neill, Eugenio Suarez, and Daniel Hudson. Like the addicts league, we use saves+holds, which makes Hudson useful. Also, my bullpen is a mess. I'm still trying to find one more reliever before our deadline tomorrow. That one bugs me a little now that they sent Hjersted down. I expected him to lose minor-league eligibility and wasn't going to keep him as a veteran, but that is unlikely to happen now. Oops. I still needed the offensive upgrade and bullpen help. Also, Salas is a top-rated prospect, but he's a long way away. He is only 18 and he's having a terrible year in High-A ball.

That last move also created space to pick up another minor league prospect I like as much as Salas. Market inefficiency. :)

After all that, I got an offer of Ryan McMahon for Chris Morel. I need OBP help more than I need power, so I took it.

I do love making trades. It's the area in which I would most like to see the addicts league improve. More trading.

bigpern23 and Guy_Incognito like this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I got one game and part of a second one from Rengifo before he aggravated his wrist injury. He had season-ending surgery today. Gotta love this fucking game.

Draft saved Draft deleted