1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Just to follow up, Giants D scored 13 in both NFL.com (which had projected them to score 3) and Yahoo.

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Bad week for Luck to play like shit.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I've already won my semifinal in one league with Brees left to play. In the other, I'm down by 13 but my opponent is done and I have Brees and Martellus Bennett playing tonight. I am confident but still nervous.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Luck was bad, but not horrible. He was still 15 points in ESPN's leagues. I think Rodgers was six.

The guy who is winning our league was saying all week he was going to bench Rodgers for Cutler, but didn't do it. I know the Bills matchup was not a favorable one, but I don't think anybody thought he would have been that bad yesterday.

5. RecoveringJournalist

How high do you take Beckham next season?

I think he's a second round pick.

6. RecoveringJournalist

This would be my first two rounds for next season based on what we think we know right now.

1. Matt Forte
    2. Le'Veon Bell
    3. DeMarco Murray
    4. Andrew Luck
    5. Aaron Rodgers
    6. Antonio Brown
    7. Calvin Johnson
    8. Demaryius Thomas
    9. Jordy Nelson
    10. Rob Gronkowski
    11. Peyton Manning
    12. Eddie Lacy
    13. Jamaal Charles
    14. LeSean McCoy
    15. Dez Bryant
    16. AJ Green
    17. Julio Jones
    18. Odell Beckham
    19. Jimmy Graham
    20. Alshon Jeffery
    21. Mike Evans
    22. TY Hilton
    23. Randall Cobb
    24. Adrian Peterson

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

What happened last night is exactly what I was afraid of.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Where's Jameis? Where's the love?

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

In my ESPN league, he had 19.5, tied for his lowest of the season (oddly, the other one was against Jacksonville). He's had only five games under 30 points and he's scored more than 35 in more than half (eight) of his games. For Luck (and for me), yesterday was shit.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

The missed block by the C on that Ingram run near the end zone likely cost me my playoff game.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Great night all around. Not only does Brees win my game easily, but Jimmy Graham and Kenny Stills combined for enough points to propel their team to a win in the other semifinal. That's huge because the team they beat is led by Aaron Rodgers, who I now don't have to face in the final. The winning team's regular QB is Cam Newton, who might not play. This week, Newton was replaced in the lineup by none other than Johnny Football.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The end of that game was insane ... and saved me, and I'm sure changed tons of other league.

--Ingram breaks free after the two-minute warning and with the Bears out of timeouts, but instead of sliding after the first down he goes all the way in for his 15-yard TD.

--Bears get ball back and Cutler throws a last-minute TD pass to Jeffery, a few plays after hitting him for a 35-yard gain.

Thanks for trying to save your job by padding those numbers, Trestman!

Draft saved Draft deleted