1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm in the title game, and have beaten my opponent twice this year. But our guys have their game faces on, because ... nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition to be cocky.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

The guy who dominated our league all season is out thanks to Aaron Rodgers and Matt Forte both shitting the bed. His only other loss this season was the week when (I think) both the Packers and Bears were on bye.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

So my juggernaut team is in the final this week and favored to win, but I'm suddenly extremely worried about Julius Thomas. Problem is, pickings on the wire at TE are very slim. I can't justify starting Daniels, Wright or Clay over him, can I?

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

3 fucking point short, thanks to Rodgers' shitty-ass day. Damnit Jordy, why'd you have to drop that would-be 90-yd TD pass

5. RecoveringJournalist

Yeah, as bad as Rodgers was on Sunday, Nelson almost never drops a pass like that.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Thanks for this! Got smoked this week, but pretty much wouldn't have won no matter which of the four of my QBs I had played. And I mentioned earlier that I had hoped to snatch up Eli. Well, guess who had him. Yup, my opponent. Needed a huuuuge night from Forte, but got diddly poo. So I'm playing for third place. Oh well. Was kicking myself for not picking up Dalton once I heard Fitz was KOd, but none of the QBs I had my eye on did much. Best option was Carr, and I still would have lost.

7. RecoveringJournalist

If your QBs are Kaep, Fitzpatrick, Carr and Dalton, I'm amazed you made the playoffs.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No. You have to play your best players. When you get cute, you get burned. I'm in the same boat with Forte this week. No way I can sit him even if he's playing against the Lions' potent run D. I'm not going to lose a championship because I overthought something and left my top picks on the bench. Plus, Forte will catch enough passes to stay relevant anyway. Imagine how good he'd be if he actually scored a touchdown now and then.

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That's what I'm thinking. There are TEs I'd bench him for, but none of the guys on the wire fall into that group. The potential of a Julius Thomas game is more compelling than any of those guys.

10. RecoveringJournalist

The guy who dominated our league all season was telling us last week he was going to sit Rodgers against the Bills in favor of Cutler. He didn't do it. He would have won if he had made the move. I texted him yesterday and he said he would have felt like the dumbest person on the planet if benching Rodgers had cost him the playoffs. If you have a top 5 guys at any position, you just have to go with them and know that sometimes, late in the season, guys play badly, especially if they're on the road.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yep. That was my mistake with Mike Wallace last week. Mohamed Sanu hadn't done much the last seven weeks, but he had a much better matchup than Wallace, who had just laid an egg against Baltimore in week 14. I played Sanu, despite feeling like Wallace is a better receiver, and it cost me.

12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Your bigger issue is the Broncos don't play until Monday. If anything, cut Wright and try and grab Tamme or Green, or cut Daniels and Clay and pick up Cincy's TEs. That way if Thomas gets scratched, you're safe.
    He was limited last week, so you'd think he's going to be back in the rotation with the extra day of rest.

Draft saved Draft deleted