1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite animated movie....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Jun 7, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Can we get a ruling on if Roger Rabbit qualifies as animated? It's a great movie, to be sure, but does it apply here?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Cut the attitude, Buck, or else the dip comes out.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Here's a blast from the past:
    [​IMG]

One of the first things I remember seeing on cable, and it was pretty funny.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The reminds me. I was a really big fan of the annimated Robin Hood. What a flick.

5. Giggity

Giggity Member

Emperor's New Groove is highly underrated.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Lion King-and Sleeping Beauty. Because I am a total girl.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

When I was really little, I liked that freaky Jack and the Beanstalk movie.
    [​IMG]

Then, as a pre-adolescent, it was on to the equally freaky but way more legit Watership Down movie.
    [​IMG]

Haven't really gotten into animated films as an adult, so I guess it's still Watership Down by default. Great story and great art in the movie.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

The Transformers movie was better than the Godfather.

South Park was one of the best musical comedies every made, according to those who made them (andrew lloyd webber)

9. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Monsters, Inc.
    Robin Hood
    Sword in the Stone
    Cinderella
    Toy Story
    looking fwd to Kung Fu Panda
    Gotta agree about the Incredibles

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I loved the Jungle Book for this reason! One thing you could mostly count on for good animated movies was a kick-ass soundtrack. I also loved the vultures at the end. It's weird because I saw this a few years ago for the first time in about 10 years and suddenly, I got all of the cultural references. Seriously, when the Colonel Elephant gave the one elephant a crew cut...I had to stop the video because I was laughing so hard.

Okay...my other favorites...(I'm a huge animated movie aficionado. I'm fairly sure my collection puts my five-year-old cousin to absolute shame.)...the Little Mermaid, 101 Dalmatians, The Aristocats, Robin Hood, Fantasia and pretty much all of the Pixar movies. Antz. But yes, I remember seeing Toy Story for the first time and thinking it was pretty much amazing. Toy Story 2 only elevated that standard and Pixar has never disappointed me. I really cannot wait to see Wall-E. Also, the Ice Age movies were pretty hysterical. But my favorite Pixar movie would have to be either Cars (which was just AWESOME!! I mean, seriously.) or Ratatouille. Ratatouille made me hungry. And it also made me want to run out and buy a rat. :D

But I love most of the Disney movies from the 90s. Beauty and the Beast. Aladdin. MULAN (loved Mulan!), and the Rescuers.

My all-time favorite is The Lion King though. I've even seen it on the West End in London (and I pretty much cried through most of the second act.) I can't help but love the music from that show.

11. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Resurrecting an old thread here, but Wall-E has to be top three.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut in a runaway...

If we're talking movies for kids, The Incredibles may be my favorite. I'm not saying it's better than the Toy Story movies or Lion King or Snow White or Fantasia, but it's one of those movies that doesn't get that old after repeated viewings, and with two kids, I swear I see part of that movie about four times a week. Cars is another one that falls into that category.

Draft saved Draft deleted