1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Bad Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by garrow, Mar 22, 2024.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Now that the Oscars are over and based on conversations held on the last movie watched thread, I present this new thread.

Mine:

1. Roadhouse. 'Nuff said.

2. Antitrust. Seen it countless times. The egregiously miscast Ryan Phillipe plays a computer genius/recent Stanford grad who gets a job working for psychotic tech lord/Bill Gates clone (played by Tim Robbins). Features my 90s crushes Claire Forlani and Rachael Leigh Cook. Plus....Shaft himself Richard Roundtree plays a federal agent. Released in Jan. 2001 as the dotcom bubble crashed. A true bad classic.

3. Blue Chips. Nick Nolte in full-volume, volcanic scenery-chewing mode. A sight to see.

4. Island of Dr. Moreau. Brando just has to be seen to be believed. Val Kilmer is unhinged too.

Liut likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I haven’t seen it in 30+ years, so I probably would have a different opinion now, but as a young teen, I recall enjoying Howard The Duck.

bigpern23, garrow and daytonadan1983 like this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Roadhouse and Blue Chips are great choices. If I find either on television, I find myself getting sucked in and watching.

garrow likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Howard The Duck was awesome! Prime Leah Thompson was an added bonus.

I’d also nominate Bloodsport, Kickboxer and other assorted Jean Claude Van Damme vehicles.

garrow, Batman and Baron Scicluna like this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bloodsport is not a bad movie! (Okay, yeah. It's really bad, but it's so much fun.)

Howard the Duck has its strong points, Leah Thompson being at the top of the list, but it just terrible. You pretty much have to go for weird and silly with that character, but they didn't do it well.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

My wife and kids give me flak for liking Howard the Duck, but one of their favorites is George of the Jungle.

garrow likes this.
  7. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I came to it late in life, but Under Siege with Segal is some great unintentional comedy.

Batman and garrow like this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Sure, they did!

[​IMG]

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Oh, goodness... The best worst movies you've probably never seen.

Pandemonium

We Married Margo

Buckaroo Banzai

garrow likes this.
  10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Don't know if Ed Wood qualifies, but I love it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

OMG yes! Busey in drag....and Tommy Lee Jones' unhinged monologue about Saturday morning cartoons. Also TLJ's outfit would make a great Halloween costume.

fossywriter8 and OscarMadison like this.
  12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Love that one! Also such a good tribute to bad films of the period by Burton.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted