1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 16, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Probably, but I'd rather see LSU get the shit kicked out of them by Ohio State in the Citrus Cap One Bowl. Wouldn't be a bad thing to see last year's national title game in a rematch.
    Ohio State actually has a chance considering how shitty LSU is this season. Or Georgia. Dawgs can't seem to be able to beat a good team this year.
    That would be another game where the Big 10 has a chance.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I covered both of LSU's national championship teams this decade. In January I thought the Tigers would be a sleeper national championship contender with Perrilloux at QB -- capable of winning it if the right dominoes would fall their way and gave them an opening.

This year's team turned out to be woefully short of that, and it can't all be pinned on the QB situation.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd take UF or Bama against Mizzou.

4. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I think if Oregon State wins the Pac 10 and Mizzou wins the Big 12 championship, then there will be a lot of Big Ten haters crying in their beer, Buck.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Utah? Nah. Prolly Texas or Oklahoma. No chance I'm putting Penn State in there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I thought that changed a coupla years ago at the BCS' insistence.

EDIT: So it was, after the 2004 season.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Here's hoping Iowa leapfrogs Northwestern, because Oklahoma State-Iowa would make for a solid Alamo Bowl. But I think the Cowboys would drill Northwestern.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

No way, Sonner. Oklahoma would be out, because they'd have to lose to either Okie State or Mizzou to make that happen. So then you're left with Texas or Penn State.

Again, if Texas can't win its conference championship, why should they get a shot at the national title? Why was Georgia denied a shot last year, if not for that reason?

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Uhh, I don't think that assessment is a healthy one.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm not going to write off Tech yet, it's not like it would be that big of a shock if Okie State beat Oklahoma. Tech would then play in the B12 championship - maybe get another win over Missouri and they're in a BCS game.

11. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

For anyone who is even thinking about giving USC a spot in the BCS championship game if they don't win their conference:

[​IMG]

After the crap I had to hear last year, you betcha.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oregon State beating Oregon and Oklahoma State beating Oklahoma would make a title game pitting the SEC champ against Penn State more likely. If USC doesn't win the Pac-10 outright, it likely won't go. And I bet Texas Tech wouldn't go now, even if it were to beat Missouri in the Big 12 title game.

Interesting stuff about a possible Texas Tech-Missouri matchup: Tech beat a team by 16 that Mizzou beat by 52. Tech was taken to overtime by a team that Mizzou beat by 35. Then again, Tech beat a team that beat Mizzou by 25 and routed a team that edged Mizzou.

Draft saved Draft deleted