1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yeah ... SC didn't do well in Corvallis. We already know this.

And every other team, save Alabama, Utah, Boise State and Ball State, also has a loss. Is Southern Cal better than the other one-loss teams? I think so.

Obviously, opinions will vary widely and wildly.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'll see your assessment of my assessment of his assessment and raise you another assessement of your assessment.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't care if USC doesn't play in the title game. Any BCS game is fine because USC's BCS record under Carroll speaks for itself (6-1).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

No. SHOULD NOT FUCKING GO. Period. End of story. That's the precedent that has been so thoroughly set. YOU. CANNOT. PLAY. FOR. THE. NATIONAL. CHAMPIONSHIP. IF. YOU. DON'T. WIN. YOUR. CONFERENCE.

Anything beyond that is rancid, disgusting hypocrisy.

5. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Good for them.

But if you don't win your conference, you don't go to the championship game. Unless everyone wants to line up and tell me how sorry they are.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I honestly don't think Tech can get in after getting drilled that bad that late in the season.

Like it or not, if Tech or Mizzou wins the Big 12, I think you end up with the Nittany Lions playing Florida/Bama.

Oklahoma or Texas wins the Big 12, they play Florida/Bama.

Just my guess.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Texas is definitely in then, Buckdub. Oklahoma is the only team controlling its own destiny

8. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Glad I'm not paying property taxes in your zip code.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Angry much? Good grief.

Let us know when your third birthday is. Maybe you'll upgrade to mere tantrums by then.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

This is EXACTLY how I see it playing out. And I don't have a problem with any of that.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He's a less-polished Cowbell wannabe, Sam

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I thought some of the individual BCS computers still gave some weight to margin of victory (some more than others) but the overall formula gave none. Is that wrong?

Draft saved Draft deleted