1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What I'm saying, King, is that you're right. I don't get this big erection for that kind of stuff. 10-15 years ago, yes. But as you get older things change. I love USC more than anyone, but now it's more about just wanting to watch them perform at peak level minus the whole fanboi shtick.

If USC doesn't win the Pac 10 and doesn't play in the title game, it's USC's fault. Such is life.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Bingo.

This would be a reoccurring theme with Carroll, FWIW.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm guessing your don't like Carroll very much.

4. king cranium maximus IV

Don't like or dislike. But with that talent, there's no excuse why USC shouldn't play for the title every year. That they're about to lose their conference to the fucking Oregon State Beavers is an absolute disaster. On par with Kentucky winning the SEC or something.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Actually, USC would be tied for the Pac-10 title since both teams have one loss in conference. Oregon State would have the tie-breaker since they beat SC.
    Georgia, for those not playing at home, could only pull a tie in its conference DIVISION!
    A huge, huge difference.
    All Georgia had to do was beat an inferior UT team last year and Richt couldn't get it done. Just like Richt couldn't get it done this season against any team that was any good.
    Georgia still made a BCS game last season, and that was about right.
    I don't know why the Georgia people are still going crazy about last season.
    Beat UT and then the SECCG and they are playing for the title. But Georgia lost fair and square on the field.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

... minus the name-calling when one doesn't agree with him. Otherwise, yup.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'm putting you all in.

8. king cranium maximus IV

Georgia was 6-2. Tennessee was 6-2. LSU........was 6-2.

Look, don't make excuses. Don't peddle bullshit. Pimping USC for the national championship is rank hypocrisy. Accept it. Love it. Live it.

Beat Oregon Flake and USC is playing for the title. But they didn't, so they shouldn't. End of story. END.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

We're talking about the BCS. Rancid, disgusting hypocrisy is their stock in trade.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I've always had trouble staying interested in Big 12 football, but this year I've enjoyed the hell out of watching the games. It's been great fun.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

ok, it's time for an intervention when you're talking alamo bowl matchup before thanksgiving. be brave and admit you have a problem.

12. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Second. And as long as we're talking about games that might be enjoyable to watch: Does anyone outside Happy Valley and the SEC want to see Penn State vs. Bama/Florida winner? After seeing Ohio State dismantled twice, I will turn on Maryland/Baltimore County vs. Georgetown in hoops before that.

Draft saved Draft deleted