1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 16, 2008.

1. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Ohio State's pro offense and Penn State's spread are the exact same, so yea, fuck that. Send a team that didn't win their conference instead.

2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

[​IMG]

Seriously. Seriously?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

But LSU won its division and then beat the SEC East Champ to go on to play for the national title.
    Georgia couldn't get it done when it mattered and they still played in a BCS game. Honestly, what more do you want?
    If any team had a right to complain last season it was Tennessee, they beat Georgia and Georgia still went to the Sugar Bowl.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

To whoever said something about Texas Tech playing in the Big 12 title game:
    Unless Texas and Oklahoma lose next weekend, Tech is pretty much out of the running.
    The Big 12 uses the BCS standings as the tie-breaker. Right now, Texas holds it (although it might be OU after tonight) and Texas Tech is going to be somewhere between 6-10.
    I don't see Okie State AND TAMU winning next weekend.

5. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

1) What more do I want? Nothing, at least w/r/t last year. But w/r/t THIS year, I want everyone who poo-pooed the idea of a team who didn't win their conference playing for the national championship to nut up and refuse to pimp USC for the title game.
    2) Tennessee lost 4 games last year. Georgia was 5th in the BCS when the picks were made. There was no fucking way whatsoever that UT was gonna get a BCS bowl.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I do NOT understand this line of logic.

Besides, if you want to use history as a reference point, Ohio State is something like 0-8 vs. SEC teams in bowl games since 1980. Penn State is 9-3 vs. the SEC/Big 12 in bowl games in that same span.

Anyway, all of it's completely irrelevant to whether Penn State should be in the title game against Florida/Alabama THIS YEAR.

7. prezclinton

Nooo.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

buck, I think it's a little different looking at an assortment of games going back to 1980 compared to examining the two most recent BCS championship games. The latter is a more fresh and relevant example of a conference that has given us the two most recent reasons to suspect it's not up to it.

Unfair to Penn State, maybe, but that's sort of the reality.

9. prezclinton

If OU loses, Tech wins the tie-breaker with UT.

10. prezclinton

By that logic we should keep the Sooners away from BCS bowls given their past three showings.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Buck...If it comes down to Penn State or Texas against the SEC champ, I'd choose Texas. Both Texas and Penn State are one play from being unbeaten, but Texas' loss came to a much, much better team.

Also, I understand why Bama is No. 1 and I'm not arguing that. Not at all. But there's still not much separation between the top five teams. And tonight, Oklahoma would have run just about anyone in the country off the field, excluding maybe Florida.

What a mess.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

One big difference here -- Pac-10 teams play a true round-robin, they don't miss anyone on the schedule. In the SEC, however, you might miss a Georgia or Tennessee or LSU. Depends on the schedule.

Draft saved Draft deleted