1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just saying, the Pac-10, you see everyone. No need for division titles, you go head-to-head, like it will with Oregon State and USC here. And no, I'm not arguing for USC. Just saying, strength of schedules might be a factor in some SEC races whereas it's not in the Pac-10. One 6-2 record might have been much tougher to come by than another 6-2.

2. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

That and we're comparing last year's SEC to this year's Pac10. Even the Pac 10 fans here wouldn't argue that the latter was a better conference.

3. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

LSU's got a D. Florida's D in '07 was dreadful.

Eh, splitting hairs at this point. LSU '08 sucks. Florida '07 sucked.

4. king cranium maximus IV

Um, sure, whatever.

Don't win your conference, don't go to the BCS championship game. The end.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Not good enough, JD.

PSU isn't Ohio State. And they aren't a product of their conference.

They blew their chance, as I realized again about the time Oklahoma was scoring point No. 47 tonight. But don't think they would have been served up as an appetizer for one of the "glamour" contenders.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Agreed. The end.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Not really.
    The SEC is losing some luster with the conference alignment.
    With four non-conference games, every SEC is two thirds of the way to being bowl eligible.
    The SEC should grow a pair and a ninth conference game, but they won't because of the bowl factor.
    And you can't argue that Vandy winning a game or two shows the depth of the league and then argue that Stanford winning a game or two shows how weak the Pac-10 is.
    I maintain that the SEC, in any given year, has just one really good team.
    This is one of those years, just like last season, and two SEC teams will make the BCS and one will play for the national title.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

LSU's got a D? Uh. Not so much. Have you seen their scores this year?

9. king cranium maximus IV

That's nice. Don't win your conference, don't play for the national championship. Sowwy.

And for fuck's sake, the SEC had the #1 and #2 teams in the country at the end of last year. Give me a break.

10. king cranium maximus IV

I've seen Georgia put up 52 on LSU this year (with two pick-6es). I've seen Georgia put up 42 on Florida last year.

LSU's D '08 > Florida's D '07. Stafford/Moreno at least had to work for a little bit against LSU.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Tell Richt to win a game when it actually matters and if he could actually do that, Georgia would have a much better argument. But Richt hasn't and at this point, you begin to wonder if he actually can.

They did? Was that before or after LSU lost to Arkansas?

12. king cranium maximus IV

Richt has won two conference championships and has had three BCS appearances at Georgia, wherein I'm assuming based on a straight up fucking guess that he won games when it actually mattered. You're flailing all over the place, man. All I'm saying is- if the conference-title-or-nuttin' argument held last year, it better damn hold this year. You can piss all over Richt some other time. Also- "wonder if he actually can"? Sod off.

Additionally, I'm referring to the final polls, as in the ones that were taken after all the bowl games were played. LSU was the consensus #1, natch. UGA and USC flopped between 2 and 3 in the two polls. Dumping on the SEC will get you nowhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted