1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 16, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You make it hard not to dump on the SEC when you continue to whack off about it.

2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Hardly whacking off about it. Just saying the fact: SEC had two of the best three teams in the country at the end of last year. And also, this whole you-don't-play-nine-conference-games argument is fucking stupid.

That's it. All I'm saying. Not even saying the SEC is good this year- it ain't. It also blows in hoops this year, FWIW.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Does Oklahoma jump to No. 2 following today's win? I can see them at No. 3 behind Alabama and Florida.

4. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

I'd jump 'em over Florida. This win >>>> any win the Gators have this year, and their loss isn't to a team of Ole Miss' level.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

True. I can see that. Florida is a very deserving No. 3, so I can fit them behind Alabama and Oklahoma, right before Texas.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Since all the conferences determine a champion in the exact same way, cranium is right.

Throw in the fact that Oregon State's season has been disastrous since they beat USC, and it's definitely clear that the Trojans should be nowhere near the title game.

And since Ohio State lost the last two BCS title games, it is quite obvious that this year's Penn State team sucks.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Iowa has lost four games by 12 points, and they sure as shit didn't just get drilled by 40.

Not saying Tech isn't better, but I don't think Penn State's loss is awful.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What will be fun to watch is how low certain coaches or Harris Poll voters place certain teams, also looking forward to the computers, teams 2-7 will probably be extremely tightly bunched.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So if you're saying Tech is better than Iowa, you're agreeing with me? I'm confused.

Again, Both PSU and Texas lost on last-second plays. Texas lost to a much better team, which gives them the edge in my book. Plain and simple.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

If the BCS standings will determine half the Big XII title game, how long until Mack Brown starts bitching that his team should be held in higher regard by voters?

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

My top seven:

1. Florida
    2. Oklahoma
    3. Alabama
    4. Texas
    5. USC
    6. Penn State
    7. Utah

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I am going to become an Oregon fanboi next weekend, because I want Penn State to get a shot at Southern Cal.

Draft saved Draft deleted