1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 16, 2008.

1. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Not exactly -- If Syracuse wins one more for Ol' Greg at Cincy, and WVU beats Pitt and USF, it's Pat White and Co. who will likely take on the ACC's Finest in the Orange.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So does Mississippi help Florida because it doesn't make their loss look as bad or does it hurt them by diminishing the Gators win against LSU?

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Beating Syracuse is a foregone conclusion for Cincinnati.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That would be the sexy matchup most people want. But given how long it's been since the Beavers played the Rose Bowl, I feel compelled to root for them.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Good question. Ole Miss isn't a terrible team. Second in the SEC West. Florida could have lost to worse teams. Like Iowa. :)

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I feel sorry that OSU didn't get there with Steven Jackson. This time? Not so much. Never want to see a rematch in your bowl game. You want that surreal sort of feeling, "Wow, I never could have pictured these two teams being on the same field."

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Iowa (8-4) lost to three bowl teams -- all likely still in the top 25 tomorrow -- and Illinois. Ole Miss (7-4) lost to Alabama and three teams that won't receive votes in the top 25 tomorrow.

Iowa > Ole Miss.

And shotty, trust me, I know where you're coming from. Penn State-USC would be must-see TV.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'd rate Utah ahead of USC.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Relax. I was joking. Sort of. Although, Iowa vs. Ole Miss would be a decent game. I'd take Ole Miss.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Incidentally ... had Indiana and Minnesota played each other Saturday, would anybody have won?

I mean, besides the terrorists.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bitter, bitter little georgia fanbois get butt hurt often.

12. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

Dude, as much as I would love the 'Cuse to win one more for Greg, I'm pretty much resigned to driving to Birmingham or Charlotte if I want to watch the Mounties in a bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted