1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 16, 2008.

1. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Somebody's gotta fall on that grenade.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It'll be the Orange, as its the double BCS bowl site this year.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Some observations after last night;

That loud beeping noise you hear......that's the sound of the money truck from Clemson, K-State or Tennessee being backed up to Brent Venables' house in Norman.

A whole big bunch of shit could happen this weekend; Just look at the potential disaster for the top teams;

Florida is at Florida State, which just dismantled Maryland on the road.

Auburn at Alabama; It's the Iron Bowl......but it's also Auburn.

Texas A&M @ Texas; You talk about teams that despise each other; This makes most everything else look like a pillow fight. This will be a close game.

Oklahoma @ Oklahoma St.; Ditto all of the above.

Everything will clear up after this weekend.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Assume, for the sake of insanity, all four of Chef's 'dogs win. Won't happen, but assume it does. That doesn't clear things up. It blenderizes them.

5. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

It might put Penn State in the NC against Tech.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

A&M is awful. Texas will stomp the bloody shit out of A&M in Austin.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

To those east of the Rockies who might not be familiar with West Coast football:

If USC and Oregon State finished 8-1 in the Pac-10, they are CO-CHAMPIONS. Both teams will have won the conference title. OSU goes to the Rose Bowl because of the tie-breaker, but both are conference champions. It's not that hard to understand.

And USC would school Utah - and virtually every team in the country - six ways to Sunday. Anyone who doubts Pete Carroll's coaching ability, or USC's ability to perform in a BCS game, is crazy.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Indeed, co-champions if that's how it plays out.

I don't really care about the big overall picture with the BCS. Right now I want to see USC play teams I've never seen them play, so I would absolutely love to see a matchup with Florida. I was kid when USC last played Bama, so it would be cool to see that old-school rivalry renewed.

Even though USC humped Oklahoma 55-19 in the Orange Bowl recently, I'm intrigued by this Oklahoma team. USC-Texas would be good, too.

As a side note ...

Syracuse beat Notre Dame! At South Bend! Somehow, someway that's funnier than Wyoming winning at Tennessee on homecoming; and that outcome was goddamn funny.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

If only the Pac-10 had a conference title game, then they'd be able to determine a true champion.

10. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

JoePa versus Air Raid. That could be fun.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Semantics. Oregon State will be considered the first-place team.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Since they went to 12 games, a lot of teams have a game like that in November. Check it out: LSU-Troy; Wisconsin-CalPoly, etc. Does it matter of you play that game in September or November?

Draft saved Draft deleted