1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 16, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Gator Bowl are already on record as saying they won't take Texas Tech under any circumstances, after they brought about 3,000 people last year. Tech may pull a K-State of a few years ago and drop from a potential BCS game to the Alamo Bowl.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

With FSU in Tally coming up, do you seriously think Meyer is working on Alabama stuff this week?

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I included only this part of your response because I didn't want to keep reviving the arguments that seem to be a defense against something I'm not saying. As much of a conscientious objector as I am in poll voting, I've taken a similar vow to avoid the conference vs. conference arguments.

That said, I think buck finally figured out I was simply addressing waterytart's point about what she wants to see and does not want to see. You can't, shot, tell people they're wrong for having a preference, nor for how they decide it. Your argument is strong if we're arguing the same debate that gets going here every week, but that's not my point. I'm talking about what some people say they'd prefer to see and not see, and there's no right or wrong in that. It's about their perception, which is their reality, and nothing you or I say will change that.

It's why I don't tell people not to watch "Survivor" because I don't. It's none of my business.

But, the burden is on me to explain what I'm saying and what I'm not saying, and I don't think I'm doing a very good job of it. If if means anything, I agree with you and buck, but I'm talking about something else -- and I'm doing a rather poor job of it at that.

4. Johnny Dangerously

No. I don't even know why you're asking me that. I never said he was.

5. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Thanks, Johnny, don't know if this will help or hurt, but I'll also try to clarify. I'm not denying that results could fall in ways that would send Penn State to the NC. And I'm not even arguing that, if they fall that way, Penn State won't have earned it, based on prevailing practices.

I'm just saying I think they're the least attractive plausible NC contender.

6. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Won't have earned it? Explain, please.

7. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Since that's exactly what I didn't say, why would I explain it?

8. prezclinton

Sorry, the comma placement confused me. I agree that Penn State isn't a sexy pick, but I'd rather see a conference champ there, and if Tech somehow wins the Big 12, then the Nits could get in.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I must have missed Florida's game against Ohio State last year. I could have sworn Florida played Michigan in the Citrus and Ohio State played LSU in the BCS championship.

10. prezclinton

OSU-LSU was worse. Va. Tech and Kansas was an awful game, and Oklahoma-West Virginia didn't make any panties wet, let alone the ass-plowing that took place in Pasadena.

11. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

You should see when I get rolling with parentheses and semicolons. I can make Kant look like Hemingway.

12. Johnny Dangerously

That, I think, is something I would not want to see; therefore, I shall not (now or ever) ask for a sample, tart of the water.

Draft saved Draft deleted