1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 16, 2008.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Ragu.

Nice job, But Cal beat Stanford on Saturday. Back to the drawing board.

There is no way Oregon can make the Rose Bowl. The loss to Cal sinks it in any tiebreaker scenario because USC and OSU defeated the Bears.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fanboys such as king ran so rampant here for a while, they needed their own identifier ... fanbois.

bois simply = boys.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

What's the matter with fanbois don't you know that fanbois give you somebody to write to and also we pay your salary you know that so don't yell at us fanbois

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Penn State 8? BS.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

giddy up.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Micro, Damn! I don't know how I got that wrong. I knew they already played, but I looked something that still had some of yesterday's games open. Damn. Damn. Damn. I actually sat there and scratched my head for a while trying to get that right.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It's 8:10 and no rankings. Thought they would come out between 7-7:30. What gives?

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

New BCS:

1) Alabama
    2) Texas
    3) Oklahoma
    4) Florida
    5) USC
    6) Utah
    7) Texas Tech
    8 ) Penn State
    9) Boise State
    10) Ohio State
    11) Georgia
    12) Oklahoma State
    13) Missouri
    14) TCU
    15) Ball State
    16) Cincy
    17) Oregon State
    18) BYU
    19) Michigan State
    20) Florida State
    21) Boston College
    22) Georgia Tech
    23) Oregon
    24) Northwestern
    25) Pitt

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So with two non-BCS teams ranked ahead of the Big East and ACC leaders, would both at-larges have to go to Utah and Boise?

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I thought only one non-BCS team could get in that way.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Wow, does that project out to some crappy BCS games, other than the top two.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Found it interesting that TTech was ranked fourth by the computers, but the humans slotting them behind Penn State, Utah and USC pretty much kills them, unless Ok State pulls the upset and they end up beating Missouri in the B12 championship game.
    Boise has no chance unless Oregon State misses out on the Rose. Then another at-large opens up. And even then, they'd be up against Ohio State for the final spot.
    And while I know the at-large teams are "drafted" in order - I'd love to see a Utah-Boise Fiesta and and Big 12 runner-up v. SEC runner-up Sugar Bowl (though I doubt it would happen).

Draft saved Draft deleted