1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 16, 2008.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Assuming OU destroys Okie State, Texas beats TAMU (and Mizzou in the title game) and Florida doesn't destroy Free Shoe and Bammer, does that mean Texas and OU in the title game?

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I wouldn't bank on it. Florida's wins against a ranked FSU and No.1 Alabama would bump them up from no.6 in the computers, and they're already No.2 in the Harris Poll, and No.3 in the Coaches.

I think two wins puts the Gators in, no matter what.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Exactly. If Florida beats FSU and Alabama they will get them into the championship game with the last standing Big 12 team, probably Oklahoma, assuming they beat Okie State and knock off Missouri in the Big 12 championship.

Regardless, Florida is the best team in the country. Too much speed. They just have to take care of business now and get themselves into one of those top two spots.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

florida is almost as good as ole miss ... at home.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

JoePa goes into the fix-it shop quickly after the regular-season finale.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fucking guy just needs to retire.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Why? He's got a brand-new hip! That thing's got another 100 games on it before the warranty's up.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sorry. i forgot about the warranty.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Seriously, dude, this is a pretty magical fix for old folks these days, especially one who's in such good shape. They expect him to be walking by tomorrow, and he could very well be back on the sideline New Year's Day.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

According to the KC Star, Bill Snyder will return to K-State. And that means the death of the Power Towel.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And in a related story, Bob Neyland is returning to coach Tennessee.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I hope you're not saying that margin of victory is a factor in the computer rankings, because the BCS forced its participating computer rankers to remove victory margin from their calculations after the 2004 season.

Draft saved Draft deleted