1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feel free to offer some solutions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, Nov 8, 2006.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

Interesting discussion and an interesting week.

I'm going to pose something totally wacko to some I'm sure. But I lived in Texas when Bush 2 was governor. He became known as someone who effectively got people on both sides of the political line to work with each other. I think the neos that had power long before he had (ie, Chaney, Rumsfeld) have been running the ship because that's the way power was distributed in Austin. Bush the administrator, the people around him the doers. Though he couldn't admit it, privately, I think this has been a frustration of his since getting into office. The climate in Austin vs. the climate in Washington is a stark contrast - the latter is extreme and hostile. But now, people on both sides just might be surprised. He may just say "fuck it" and work better with a conservative Democratic leadership than he ever did with his own party. And those in the middle in both parties may wind up shaping a new order.

We can only hope.

Then again, pigs can fly, but what the hell. Our faith in government is so weak these days, and with good reason.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I believed that once, printdust, about Bush working well with others.

Sorry, I'm not falling for it again. I'll be skeptical 'til he proves it. And proves it again.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Further prediction: Cheney will resign soon and that will be good. I really, really believe that he was the powerball in this process to begin with. If you had been shielded from the events since 2001 and just had 10 minutes with either guy, and I've heard this many times, Cheney comes across as someone that even on a first-impression, you just can't trust....handshake with one hand, knife in the other. I think there's a difference between the two "groups" and I think that Bush II will actually prove that in the final two years. That and $2.50 gets you a starbucks treat.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

$2.50? At what, the Starbucks Second-hand shop?

5. printdust

printdust New Member

Got a
    Got one the other day here. Basic java, $2.25. At a college kiosk that sells it. Maybe I got the student discount.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I just couldn't think of much on the Starbucks board that's less than $4.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Oh, you must frequently taste the molten caramel chocolate cappucino blast, or whatever those megacalorie delights are. One of those sonsofbitches are $6, I think.

Draft saved Draft deleted