1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ferguson / Staten Island Decisions -- No Indictments

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 16, 2014.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Sounds like an assumption to me.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There was a black teen on black teen shooting tonight three blocks from where my ex-wife lives, in a nice neighborhood in a small town.

How does my white guilt obligate me to react?

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

That video is gold. But it is all, obviously, bullshit. That wasn't a watermelon, more like a honeydew. How can a honeydew be racist? Now cantaloupe, that's some racist bullshit there.

Let's be honest, if it was a skinny white kid selling loosies, he wouldn't have been put in a choke hold and eventually killed by police.

The cop saw a big black dude and went into "oh shit, this is trouble, so I'm going to eliminate him as a threat."

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The oppressed students of New Canaan react to the Eric Garner decision today.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

The fact that the NYPD made only 227 misdemeanor arrests in 2013 is truly shocking -- especially in comparison to the 318,000 felony arrests they made that year.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

It isn't shocking when you know it is wrong.

Total arrests - 318,518
    Felony arrests - 91,138
    Misd. arrests - 227,380

I guess coffee pot fumes made YF lightheaded or something.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

But let's say they HAD made only 227 arrests. What does that say about the New York City police system as a whole? What was so special about this case? We need to look at the entire circumstances and wonder why some people believe the NYPD made only 227 arrests.

And where did Eric Garner attend elementary school? Were the teachers unionized?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If it was a skinny kid who wasn't on anything, it wouldn't take four cops to take him down.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Eric Garner wasn't on anything.

And there was zero need to take him down.

You're embarrassing yourself.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Agree but what would you do differently? Do you just continue to let him sell the untaxed cigarettes to avoid
    public spectacle?

Maybe you go undercover and film him selling the cigarettes and perhaps even go under cover to make
    some "buys" . Then you would have at least probable cause to get an arrest warrant issued

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The only response your lying deserves.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sadly, this is as close as you will ever come to getting what I've been trying to explain to you for a very long time. She does exist, but you are correct in saying you don't really know that. Of course, lacking facts has never stopped you before, so I'm not sure why it would stop you now.

Draft saved Draft deleted