1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ferguson / Staten Island Decisions -- No Indictments

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 16, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Being completely unaware that someone could have an experience unlike his own is a big part of the Baron Scicluna Experience.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How can there be a crowd when no such people exist? Then again, your usual approach fits quite nicely on a thread so heavily stacked with men of straw constructed by both sides.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess I should go rob a bank or something, then when the cops confront me, try to run away, or, barring that, try to punch them. Sounds like a great experience.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Better that than expecting handouts from people who make more than you. Robbing a bank shows some initiative at least.

5. Baron Scicluna

Clearly, we need more bank robberies to reduce government spending.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Better that than people out of work fora year refusing emplyment

7. Baron Scicluna

Who are you talking about?

8. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

1. You missed the point.

2. Neat. Ponder that during your multiple dentist appointments.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Here is my question:

What the fuck are these assholes laying in the streets and stopping traffic trying to prove? What the fuck is their point, other then to get on TV?

Is it to bring awareness to police brutality? Nope - no need - it is the most talked about thing of the past month by far.

Is it to protest the police departments in question? Nope - unless in their warped minds stopping traffic in places like Pittsburgh might piss off someone trying to catch a flight to New York.

In other words if these idiots want to have peaceful marches that's fine, but laying in the streets and stopping traffic is, at this point, asinine and frankly my hero is the one dude on Youtube who drove through their asses and ran one of them over.

10. Baron Scicluna

Zag owns this thread now.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A lot of people have discussed how Michael Brown's body was treated, and how the person shot in the Brooklyn stairwell didn't receive any help from the cop who shot him.

Check out how hard the LAPD works to save this guy's life after shooting him:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204546404974215&set=vb.1656194052&type=2&theater

Sadly, despite the cops best efforts, he died.

Let me know when the LAPD release the names of the officers involved.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

To their credit the Brooklyn guy's family wants nothing to do with Sharpton

http://nypost.com/2014/12/05/cop-shoot-victims-family-stay-away-sharpton/

Draft saved Draft deleted