1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ferguson / Staten Island Decisions -- No Indictments

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 16, 2014.

1. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How come white folk didn't protest when Kobe Bryant and Jameis Winston got away with violent sexual assault?

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Looks like another excuse to sit out a few weeks.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If he can't breathe, then how can he play in an NBA game?

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That's a solid Baron comparison.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

can he read his own shirt? He did have someone else take his SATs. Maybe he's illiterate

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Protest, at times, involves disruption of the general public's normal, collective life.

You advocating running people over fits.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I had a similar discussion with a friend who works in Boston and was upset with the folks who were disrupting traffic patterns there. His phrase was "My Ford F150 is made in America and so is it's driver, who won't bother tapping the brakes if these fools are in front of me."

I thought it was ironic - and I pointed it out to him - that he felt that committing violence in an "American-made automobile" against those exercising their Constitutional rights to assemble was as anti-American as it gets.

Frankly, protests don't work unless they disrupt daily life of someone. No one would pay attention if they were organized in a "convenient" fashion.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Chris Christie now has no chance of becoming President because he blocked traffic.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The way to get people on your side is not to put them in unnecessary traffic jams and keep them from getting where they're trying to get.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Protestors that break the law -- i.e. disrupting traffic, i.e. going on private property, i.e. walking on highways where no pedestrians are allowed to walk -- need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

It is not your "constitutional right" to break the law.

If you want to get a permit and have a march, if you want to walk on the sidewalk, if you want to rent a place and have a rally THOSE THINGS are "constitutional rights"

Stopping traffic is not.

Draft saved Draft deleted