1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fighting off a cold

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Kritter47, Feb 2, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

NyQuil. The nighttime sniffling sneezing coughing how the fuck did I end up on the kitchen floor medicine? [/Denis Leary]

NyQuil: It's the 13th fucking step! We love you, you giant fucking Q!!!

But seriously...Coldeeze are usually effective.

Alas, I thought those things licked everything. But when I got sick last month, I went from a cold to bronchitis in a day. It was the shittiest I've felt in a long, long time. Get well soon.

2. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

Yeah, I have asthma, so I'm susceptible to bronchitis/pneumonia, hence the wanting to knock it out early.

Plus I get to cover games outdoors for the next four days. It's damp and in the 30s. I'm sure that will be so helpful.

Oranges. *nods* I can do oranges.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hey, can generic DayQuil make your arms really itchy? I had a cold a month ago or so and I bought some CVS brand shit, and the next day I couldn't stop itching my arms. A couple days later it stopped. Can bad generic DayQuil give you AIDS?

4. WTF? Who has outdoor sports in February?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Why... yes. Yes it can.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

The daytime sniffling sneezing coughing how the fuck did I end up with HIV medicine.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Lots of vitamin C, echinacea, orange juice, chicken soup, and zicam nasal swabs.

8. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

Oh, we've got tons. Soccer's been going for a month, now we've got softball, baseball and golf. Soon we'll be getting track.

I've got soccer tomorrow and then a softball tournament. I'm pretty sure sitting out at cold, rainy, windy soccer games brought some of this on.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't get sick.
    I don't believe in it.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Zicam. Seriously, as an old co-worker of mine said, it's the only thing Rush Limbaugh has been right about. It's kind of pricy at the drug store, but I swear by zicam and take it whenever I feel a cold coming. You can not, absolutely at all, underestimate its benefit. BUY ZICAM!!!

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Right answer. :D

12. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Sex. Lots and lots of sex.

Seriously folks, you'd be amazed what it can cure.

Draft saved Draft deleted