1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First date, post-divorce.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by exmediahack, Nov 16, 2017.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Let's just say I am child of the 70s.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Sweet merciful crap! That is awesome. Having been divorced for four years now, I gottta say that the first date post divorce was not good. Friend of a friend gave me her number one night in a bar. We texted and emailed and I basically let it flag. I was not in a good place. A few months later — when I was still just legally separated — I saw her at a Christmas party and we got to talking. Said we should finally go on that date. We did. I thought it went great. Went to a buddy’s house who is single that night to watch a Monday night football game and he goes, oh, this is crazy. That girl H—- from the Christmas party? We are going out tomorrow night. Talk about awkward. I told him I had just gone on a date with her. He laughed and said, May the best man win. He ended up dating her for a year and a half. We don’t even talk anymore, though that was just one of several reasons. I still see H—- occasionally and we laugh about it. Life goes on.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Lot of us old guys are wondering ... if it came down to it, and I had to prioritize ... would I do the pubes, the eyebrows or the earlobes?

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Don’t forget the nose

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Shit, I gotta have something to twirl when the conversation lags!

I Should Coco and CD Boogie like this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I think this thread is all fake. Fake news.

We need proof of life. Pic or something.

Or, as YF would say: Link?

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Lot of us old guys are wondering ... if we could do it that many times in one night.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

One of the biggest wakeup calls of newfound singlehood is how much routine maintenance you let slide while married.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This is very true.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The thrill of the new gives a man superhuman powers -- for a while.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Very happy for you ex, especially the successful consummation of the joining.

I'm very glad to be happily married and avoiding any dating but sounds like you've got a good plan working. As someone in my mid 50s though I understand how being more self-assured later in life could reap benefits.

12. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

My theory: freqposter figured out who ex is in real life, and sent him a present.

Draft saved Draft deleted