1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First-person feature stories?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Skylar, Sep 12, 2017.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Trying assessing simple structure in a covariance matrix in which you have to use oblique rotation, bucko.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's no Wembley.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Are you going to try and trigger people this whole thread, or could you possibly talk about journalism again instead of trying to pick fights?

For some who is usually very interested in talking about journalism, you seem to view typefitter as the shiny object you can't stop running toward every time he enters a thread.

4. Dick Whitman

Your buddy is a dickhead who shits on me and what I've done with my life every opportunity he gets.

I suspect that will be left unaddressed, though.

It always is.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think that what you're trying to say is, "seek help".

It's so much more economical.

doctorquant likes this.
  6. Double Down

Please. I'm asking, not lecturing. Lets talk about journalism. Take your previous grievances and let them blow into the wind.

Riptide and Johnny Dangerously like this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Serial liking is weak.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Kudos to you for trying, DD. This will be my only post on this thread. I don't want to encourage the usual suspects who have already taken note of the fact that I am reading and liking your posts. But I can assure you I'll be following your posts and those by people who actually have something to offer.

Thanks again for giving it a shot.

9. Dick Whitman

I guess I missed these same posts from you yesterday and the 1,000 other times he called me a "troll" or worse.

He writes celebrity profiles for a living and he demands to be treated like Ernest Hemingway for it.

Well have at it, fellas.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Double Down

There was a time when I paid attention to pretty much every thread on this website. That time was not a particularly healthy or productive time in my life, though I don't regret it because I made a lot of great friends. I don't know what thread you speak of, nor do I care all that much. No one is being mean to you on this thread. You were once very invested in journalism and did it at a very high level. I am far more interested in that then you refusing to weigh in on actual matters of journalism because typefitter has been a dick to you.

Typefitter is one of my best friends and has been there for me in my best times and worst times. I make no secret if this. People out there could learn a great deal from both of you on this thread if you mostly ignored one another. I'm asking you both to try.

Donny in his element and Cosmo like this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted