1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five-ring circus: The Thread of the XXXIII Olympiad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Lacking cargo pants that are five size too big.

Azrael likes this.
  2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I care what you think. Well-stated take.

3. Typist Clerk

Typist Clerk Well-Known Member

I thought it was great. Remember, much of the prime time audience didn’t know the outcome from hours earlier.

maumann likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's what I like about the nighttime show. When I've had to word during the day, I know they'll have the big events. Yes, it's more about packaging than sports, but Tirico ties it together very well without being as syrupy and/or preachy as Costas.

The daytime coverage is more for the serious sports fan, and with so many channels, you have more options.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There was a magnificent newsstand across the street when I came there in 1986. I would spend 45 minutes in there and then maybe spend $2. I still remember about a half dozen of the jai-alai names (Beheretche, Barronio, Joey, Salsamendi, Rocha, J. Echanez . . . )

Dog8Cats and maumann like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No way VAR was taking that one back.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Norway with the gold in women’s handball! Crushed France 29-21 in the final behind 8 goals by world player of the year Henny Reistad, six second-half goals from Kari Brattset-Dale and 12 saves by my new favorite player, goalie Katrine Lunde. Lunde, the oldest player in Olympic handball history at 44, is still at the top of her game, finishing with the tournament’s best save percentage. This her fifth medal — three of them gold.

Norway’s game is really fun to watch and its fast break is a thing of beauty.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2024
    2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

BREAKING: Romania's Ana Barbosu could replace American Jordan Chiles as the bronze medalist in gymnastics floor exercise after court rules coach's appeal came too late.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Oh no! Now the U.S. will only win the medal count by 25!

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Freedom is just a hop, skip and a jump away?

da man likes this.
  11. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

It will be hilarious if McEwen's decision to not share the gold medal results in a silver that costs the USA the gold-medal count vs. China.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Gotta admit, the breaking is kind of fun to watch.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted