1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five-ring circus: The Thread of the XXXIII Olympiad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 12, 2024.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That is one of the non-sports. They are legion.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Baseball and softball back too.

3. HanSenSE

Gotta be at The Villages.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

She's fine for what she is because of her height and that works against 85 percent of the teams they face. If she took the Taurasi spot in four years I think it'd be okay.

Stewart having her worst game of the tournament was the issue -- otherwise they win easily by 15-20.

It was pretty obvious from the first game that they hoped Gray was going to be fully ready to go by the time the tournament started and that certainly wasn't the case.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Paralympics goes back to back in the same host city. A couple more weeks to go.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Great two weeks. Going to miss live daytime events and not having to wait for the edited crap at night. L.A. will be great with live events in prime time, though I'm sure NBC will delay it to the MDT and PDT unless you have Peacock.

7. Typist Clerk

Typist Clerk Well-Known Member

I think they’ll go live coast-to-coast, as they did for Tokyo (with a special West-only half-hour during news in the East).

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They have no choice. I was bitching in 2012 why things weren't live. They have finally found the light -- and since they can double dip on the ratings/advertising, yes, everything will be shown live -- and in color!

9. HanSenSE

IIRC ABC did a lot of live coverage in 1984. They took a break around 11 EDT so affiliates could have their late local news, the back at it.

OTOH, NBC delayed a lot of stuff in Salt Lake and Vancouver on the OTA network. Some things were live on the Networks of NBC - a USA-Russia hockey game on the anniversary of the Miracle on Ice comes to mind.

Liut and Typist Clerk like this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’m always melancholy when the Games end. For some reason, this one hit me harder than two or four years ago.

11. Typist Clerk

Typist Clerk Well-Known Member

Yes, ABC was live everywhere in 1984. The prime time show ran 7-midnight ET, 4-9 PT, with a 90-minute late show that finished at 11 PT and led into late news.

maumann likes this.
  12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Three.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted