1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five-ring circus: The Thread of the XXXIII Olympiad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 12, 2024.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I used to also, especially back when Phil was on top of his game and Bob wasn't next to him.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Exactly; if you don't get 20-minute sections of riding through sunflowers, what's the point?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I want the aerial shots of some random castle built in the 1520s by Count Flew-de-Flee, where King Louis Whatever would spend his summers!

SixToe, maumann and TigerVols like this.
  4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Warholm hasn't quite looked like The Viking so far this year. He's lost to both Benjamin and dos Santos in his two races that included those guys.

Benjamin has opened very strong this year, putting up a 46.4 at the Olympic trials as well as a 44.4 flat 400 in his season opener in April. And don't forget, he also beat Warholm in their last meeting in 2023.

If you remember that world record race in the last Olympics, Warholm raced out to a big lead, but Benjamin started to reel him in in the final 200 or so and actually pulled even with about 50 to go. But he couldn't hold the pace and fell back as Warholm kept his pace. Watch the past couple of races between them and you'll see Benjamin has 1) not let Warholm get as far ahead of him early and 2) has been the stronger of the two in the final 50, overtaking Warholm down the stretch. Benjamin said he's adjusted his race strategy this year with that in mind.

poindexter likes this.
  5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

All I want to see is the suffering at the end of the stages up L'Alpe d'Huez or Mont Ventoux.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I absolutely love what Pogacar is doing in this Tour, trying to win every stage even when he could just cruise alongside his closest competitors all the way to Nice.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the ease at which he's doing it is making my cycling Spidey sense start to tingle.

I hope I'm wrong.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

HEY, TAKE IT TO THE TOUR DE FRANCE THREAD!

franticscribe likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Now where’s that Tour de France thing?

IYOYK

Baron Scicluna and HanSenSE like this.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

When I opened the YouTubeTV app tonight, it tried to convince me to presave all 8 channels of the NBC/USA/CNBC/Bravo/E!/Peacock Octobox.

I did not.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sounds like NBC is doing a lot of stuff from Stamford, CT again. I'm sorry, if you aren't in France (or Tahiti), it doesn't really seem like you are "covering the Olympics."

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted