1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five-ring circus: The Thread of the XXXIII Olympiad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Headless women, heavy metal and a lady on a boat. Peyton Manning must be so confused.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Nothing here that hasn't gotten 10 points from Sweden in Eurovision.

franticscribe and Hermes like this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I realize they need filler while they reset and reload the boats, but what the actual fuck?

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

This was about the part in the show where I realized they were doing the Frenchiest version of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. They caught the early boats near the beginning, then shift downstream while they do the artistic stuff like that, and so they pick up the middle of the parade in the middle of the route and the end near the end.

Really, there's no more (maybe even a little less) of the "cultural" stuff than there have been in previous iterations. The only difference is they mixed in boat stuff, instead of just having 90 minutes of Up With People and then starting the parade.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Is Joe Flacco playing piano in a sequined shirt?

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I feel very happy to be missing this.

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

That was what we're bitching about?

Yeah, there was a reference to the Last Supper, but it was clearly obvious in 30 seconds or less that it was the setting for a fashion show. There were five things more offensive than that in this year's Eurovision alone.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not watching, but keep seeing people complaining about sacrilegious dance numbers on Twitter. And then there was this. Fun.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Did Sha’carri Richardson almost flash the camera during her interview? Her shirt was deeply unbuttoned and when she turned to the side, the camera pushed in very tight for a shoulders up shot.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The woman holding the flag doesn't have her breasts exposed. If you're going to do something, do it right!

I can hardly wait for the opening ceremonies at the SLC Olympics, and the reenactment of the Mountain Meadow Massacre.

swingline and franticscribe like this.
  11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Yeah, the US isn't really at the back of the parade because of LA 2028, it's because United States in French is "Etats-Unis d'Amerique" and NBC doesn't want to burn them in the first third of the parade and have everyone tune out by 9 ET.

franticscribe and maumann like this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Just got home from the movies. I was hoping someone would explain why my Facebook feed was melting down.

Draft saved Draft deleted