1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five-ring circus: The Thread of the XXXIII Olympiad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 12, 2024.

1. nickp

nickp Active Member

Flavor Flav having the time of his life at the water polo match

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Time to rehash an interesting comparison from Feinstein's book "Hard Courts."

British analyst John Barrett and Carillo are describing a marathon point between Emilio Sanchez and Andrei Chesnokov on their various broadcasts. On the slow clay.

Barrett: "Aha! He's done it! Chesnokov has at last broken through the Spanish Armada, wearing down the will of the gallant Spaniard! Superbly played by the Soviet!"
    Carillo: "Jeez, that was a long point, wasn't it?"

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't know how good Greece is in women's water polo, but the US is just running roughshod over Greece.

10 teams; group play eliminates 2. The NBA is jealous.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Beheaded Marie Antoinette and last supper in drag. Why do I feel like they were intentionally throwing shade at Americans knowing full well it would rile them up.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

She earned the bronze medal in Paris - crash and all. Tearful, emotional post-race interview. Came all the way back not only from the ugly crash over the guardrail, but also the spill in Paris.

maumann likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So many sports! This is the most wonderful time of the year.

Webster likes this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Might have been a way to make Marine le Pen squirm back when they thought her brownshirts were coming to power.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

How are they already playing bronze and gold games in the rugby tournament?

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Canada docked 6 points due to drone-gate. They might as well head home. No way they’ll get out of the group.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I thought they threw some at Russia during the montage of past Olympic highlights, showing the empty podium after the men's basketball final in 1972.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

USMNT scored on a penalty! I guess I can watch something else now?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Rugby 7s started on Wednesday. Teams played two matches that day. Then a couple on Thursday. Knockout round started Friday, I think.

TigerVols likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted