1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five-ring circus: The Thread of the XXXIII Olympiad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Fixed.

2. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

When was the last time the French cared what any other country thought of them?

gingerbread likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I try very hard to not talk about women's athletic apparel, and I realize I'm probably not going to find a lot of help here, but maybe y'all can help: this one-shouldered Canadian beach volleyball jersey can't be a good idea, no?

gingerbread and maumann like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just flipping through the guide channel, it appears there's a lot of live stuff during the day (I don't do Peacock any more), and the prime time show is mostly highlights?

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Because our primetime is their 1 a.m.

dixiehack likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

Two words: Plausibly live. But thanks.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

That's basically right. France is six hours ahead of New York, so their prime-time events will be happening in the mid-afternoon and their daytime stuff will be in the morning. I was stunned to find that they were "allowing" swimming finals to air and not saving them for primetime but perhaps they've finally given up on protecting that more lucrative audience.

Meanwhile, in Tahiti, German surfer Tim Elter is having a rough day.

maumann likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

=
    Nine hours for me on the Left Coast, which is cool. Going to have to double-check with the anchor at our local NBC station, where they've been promising to show all of Nikki Hiltz's races live, since the first would be around 1 a.m.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The "Gold Zone" is genius. So many events I don't care much about, but can care long enough to watch the finish. Though I am waiting for Scott Hanson to accidentally blurt out the Week 1 NFL schedule.

maumann and Inky_Wretch like this.
  11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

upload_2024-7-27_16-30-24.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted