1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five-ring circus: The Thread of the XXXIII Olympiad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 12, 2024.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As we've seen throughout the MAGA movement, though, it has a very casual relationship with the truth. That, or given Trump's love for Hannibal Lechter, they became experts after watching Juwanna Mann.

About 10 years ago, I was preparing team capsules as part of a preview package for the local juco's women's basketball tournament. Saw one player was putting up good stats, so googled the name to see if anyone was pursuing her. Turns out it was a trans man, and the only info I could find on her beyond the usual stat sheets, etc, was a) a story in the paper serving the school's area, and b) a topic on it here!

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  2. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

Bol!

Gutter likes this.
  3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Ooof. Team USA leads mixed-4x400 relay for 3 1/2 laps and gets mowed down by Femke Bol of the Netherlands in the last 100.

4. Dog8Cats

I'd be fine with either winning. I like Lyles' personality, as well as Bednarek's more businesslike approach.

5. HanSenSE

I don't think the U.S. runner even saw her coming.

6. Dog8Cats

It did stand up. Joe Kovacs gets silver on his final throw. Three straight Games it's been Crouser-Kovacs.

Wonder if Kovacs' mindset was like McHale's when he was asked about playing second fiddle on the Celtics to Bird: "Well, he plays a pretty mean fiddle."

Jack Walsh, bronze the last two Olympics, didn't get a legal mark in during the finals.

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

David Stern looked down from heaven at that spinner and smiled.

dixiehack likes this.
  8. Dog8Cats

Not unless she had eyes in the back of her head or was watching a Jumbotron.

franticscribe and HanSenSE like this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I didn’t immediately see this posted, but the French pole vaulter was undone by his pole. No not that one.

Talk about being cockblocked

10. HanSenSE

11. HanSenSE

I was this many days old when I leared there was a country called Saint Lucia.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You clearly don’t play enough Sporcle

TrooperBari, MileHigh, Batman and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted