1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five-ring circus: The Thread of the XXXIII Olympiad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 12, 2024.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

She was born with a uterus. Does that help?

JC, franticscribe, Gutter and 6 others like this.
  2. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

All these people trying to ruin this woman's life, are they aware they can get her killed?

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It’s the correct terminology, but of all the adverbs to come up there …

franticscribe and HanSenSE like this.
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not really. Sex / gender development sometimes isn't very clean or simple. You can be XX, but have genitals that look male. Or you can be XY and have female reproductive organs. If there was evidence that she is XY, saying "She has a uterus" isn't going to settle it for some people.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There are no words to describe how much better women are at the gymnastics floor routine than men.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

"Women's Rowing: We've Always Had Cox On Our Teams!"

franticscribe and HanSenSE like this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I read they go off of passports where they look at assigned birth gender. Given she’s from a country where she isn’t allowed to transition, it seems as good a way to do it as any.

And the IAB is not allowed to be affiliated with the IOC because the Olympics don’t trust them.

This all reeks of something people with agendas took and ran with without any real information. The test is suspicious but the thing that kicked it off—the boxer who bowed out after taking a hard punch—seems like something that isn’t what people are making it out to be.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

That’s their problem, not hers.

Gutter likes this.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yes.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

NBC currently airing a somewhat inevitable doc on Normandy with the last remaining vets. Called "In the Company of Heroes." I've been in an out a little but I'm sure it's worthwhile.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I hope who ever did this does get fired. That’s a huge lawsuit waiting to happen plus it could get her killed.

franticscribe and Gutter like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted