1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five-ring circus: The Thread of the XXXIII Olympiad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It took me awhile…

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I get the disappointment, but for Richardson to not do an interview......if she didn't medal I get it. I didn't watch live so I don't know if the mixed relay team didn't speak after either, but Tirico made sure to point out she didn't.

There's been a ton of interviews with swimmers that didn't get gold when they were the favorite/world record holders and didn't look pleased to talk but they did. And Dressel at least put out a statement after his flameout.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Do you think Snoop has a weed hookup in Paris? Is he getting Tirico baked after they wrap for the day?

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Shaq and Bo Jackson

But, you’re right. She’s incredible.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Love the 400. Ran it in college frat games on a whi--uh, because no one else wanted to and I had actually read Lee Evans' bio. On a cinder track at that and 35 pounds heavier. I was last at the turn and decided then and there to catch the guy in front of me, thereby proudly finishing NEXT to last.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

JFC turned over to the prime time coverage and this is a clown show. Alleged celebrities instead of action. John Travolta? Really?

All Games should be in Europe. Live daytime action with no editing. Aunt Bee viewing in the evening.

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

it would have been nice for them to show the 100 final times

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'm an hour behind because, well, NBC still thinks it's 1992. I've already switched out.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I was bitching to my wife about that. Had to look it up on the website.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2024
  10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

BTW, I was watching it live, not the delayed prime-time show. And they didn't show the times then, either.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Yeah, you'd think they'd have that, but I wonder if the fact that Ledecky's race was about 10 minutes after the 100 in real time had something to do with it, at least live.

Draft saved Draft deleted