1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For copy editors

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by inkjet71, Sep 25, 2006.

1. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

I'll take being a copy editor over being a reporter any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The only time you take the work home with you is when you think of a better headline for the front-page story ... the next day or after you how another paper played it.

3. Gold

Gold Active Member

Before I left writing for a career in Finance, I never thought I would like to be a copy editor. My feeling was that it was an office job with bad hours. I understand the importance of copy editors and really appreciate the good ones, but it wasn't for me.

4. joe

joe Active Member

Being a copy editor at a PM paper is damn near the best of all worlds. Especially with the news side, I NEVER take my work home. Hell, I don't even think of the office when I'm off work. And I only have to work about one weekend per month. The pay sucks, but the hours are beautiful.

Draft saved Draft deleted