1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2024 Masters Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Got be a bit from column A and column B. I thought he was moving better than yesterday and he got off to a good start.

I think the course is playing tough, and the short game that saved him from mediocre ball-striking the first two days completely fell apart. Which is not too shocking with so little competitive golf.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This is the drunkest Masters I can remember in some time

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The fifth commercial sponsor should be for adult diapers

Cosmo likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Feeling U.S. Open-ish. These guys are absolutely suffering and grinding. Love it and can relate.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Morikawa three-putts 13 and somehow gets the solo lead. That’s where we are now.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Apologies if its been posted already. But Farewell Verne. I don't know how an 83-year old get up in that tower, but good on ya. I really hope they formalize that spot on 16 and call it the Lundquist Tower.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ESPN had this excellent tribute piece for Verne Lundquist as he enters his 40th and final Masters. ⛳️️ <a href="https://t.co/JDk7QXKtK1">pic.twitter.com/JDk7QXKtK1</a></p>&mdash; Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) <a href="">April 11, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MileHigh, matt_garth and Typist Clerk like this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Scheffler eagles 13 to restore order. He's still the prohibitive favorite to win.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Until Scottie eagles 13. SO DRUNK

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's like someone whispered in Aberg and Hojgaard's ears: "No one wins here as a rookie."

Or Fuzzy secretly spiked their water bottles with some of his house juice.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Hojgaard was in the lead of the Masters for five minutes, and has since been in the drink on two, maybe three consecutive holes.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I finally recognized CBS's theme. It's "Fanfare for the Common Tournament".

maumann likes this.
  12. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

When your game is all about power without touch and nuance, that's what happens Bryson.

You can get away with it for a long time. Until you can't.

Lay up, you fool.

Draft saved Draft deleted