1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2024 Masters Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Apr 9, 2024.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

There's no chance he's grinding at Boeing Classics and the other 54-hole Champions hit-and-giggles. But would be awfully great to see Tiger and Phil in a U.S. Senior Open. Albeit unlikely on multiple levels.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Put that picture on the wall. "Yeah, that's me, about to tee off on twelve at Augusta National."

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Hot take: That loud voice saying, "Fore, please! Now driving....." sucks as an intro.

4. poindexter

All the feels with the Verne montage. Sweet video with his wife.

At the end, Verne says he's going to get through this day without any emotion.

Long pause, and Jim says, "the question is, can we get through it?".

Well played, Jim, you old softee.

MileHigh and Tighthead like this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I feel like a bad person rooting against golfers but I just can’t help myself when it comes to the bonesaw tour guys.

swingline likes this.
  6. poindexter

Not at all

7. Typist Clerk

Typist Clerk Well-Known Member

Augusta is actually a good place for a neophyte to play. Next to no rough, water on only five holes. As long as she can hit the ball a little, she’ll be fine. Just pick up after 8.

garrow and playthrough like this.
  8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Disagree. It's simple, a little golfy, and every player gets the same treatment.

Reminds me of years ago when Tiger and Phil were on the first tee, at East Lake maybe, and the woman doing intros was rattling off Tiger's entire pro resume until Phil said "alright, alright" which got big laughs and even a smile from Tiger.

Slacker and poindexter like this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I'm watching Sky Sports. The Verne Epoch may have ended but the Rich Beem Era has just begun!

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

All I wanted was a compelling back nine. We’re getting it. The Swedish Cyborg is draining putts left and right.

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If you're saying he's going to be no more effective than those other former champs, you might be right.

But he will ALWAYS generate more buzz than the rest.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Does the ninth hole decide it?

Draft saved Draft deleted