1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2024 Masters Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If they had had Friday's wind on a course set up for a US Open nobody would've broken 80.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

His back leg shifting during the swing is kinda interesting, I guess.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Many Sundays after football season, I put the golf on as background while I am doing work/paperwork, especially the more important tournaments. Yesterday, I watched a little and took a walk after Homa shit the bed on 12, which effectively ended the tournament. So for me, also a snooze.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Scheffler looking like the Pete Sampras of golf.

TigerVols likes this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Scheffler seems to show more personality in the interview room that Koepka, which isn't saying much.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, I found it to be pretty "meh" myself.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The issue with LIV is its created this whole subclass of people for me to root against. So, as long as Patrick Reed, Phil, Brooksie, etc don't win there aren't a lot of PGA guys I'll be disappointed to see win.

John and poindexter like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They really shoulda brought him up to 18. And they really HAVE to name that thing the Lundquist Tower on 16 right?

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The fan slapping the Power Bar out of Ludvig's hand was the thing I rewound to watch again.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Austrian? G’DAY MATE!

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

To be clear, I agree with everyone who says the back nine back was a total bust. I had a hell of a lot of fun watching on Saturday, though.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

He's about to have his first child ... if he ends up with a minivan full of kids and turns into Mr. Family Man who is also a tactical assassin stacking up wins, doesn't that make him the next Nicklaus? I know, I know ... just trying to think of a way where he'd get some more respect outside insular golf circles.

Draft saved Draft deleted