1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2024 Masters Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Apr 9, 2024.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Just went through the DK props and here are a few I like. Might sprinkle $5 on each.

Top LIV player: Koepka +600
    LIV player to win: Yes +225 (I don’t necessarily think it happens, but you get some good value here with the odds skewed so heavily toward Scottie)
    Scheffler/Rahm T10 parlay: +250
    Rory/Rahm/Scheffler all T20: +300
    Top English player: Rose +600
    Top Asian: Sungjae Im +600
    Top Oceana: Adam Scott +360
    Top debutant: Wyndham +330
    Top lefty: Akshay +200
    Miss cut: Harman +190

Yes, I know there’s a gambling thread, but I figure this could spark interesting discussion here.

4. Typist Clerk

Typist Clerk Well-Known Member

If the weather forecast is correct, it will begin to rain overnight until about noon, then blow a hoolie all afternoon. Masters doesn't to lift, clean and place, so be ready for mud-ball complaints.

Deskgrunt50 and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I won't be watching until the back 9 on Sunday, but I'd tune in to see Brooks and Bryson get into a fight that no one wins until the other is knocked the fuck out. Because fuck those guys.

melock, John, MileHigh and 1 other person like this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The Masters honchos have already said gates won't open as the usual time and a new update will be provided by 5 a.m,.

Seeing some speculation of the first group going out around 1 p.m, But the weather can change for the better (or worse) too.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

W.
    T.
    F.

That commentary was posted with the Masters logo? Hoping one of the kids would faceplant?

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

OK, here's my Masters press center story. In 2002, I was seated in the amphiteater typing away in a row full of other scribes. It was like early Saturday afternoon. A nice green jacketed gentleman came over and introduced another green jacketed gentleman. "If you need anything, a quote sheet or something, just ask Sam here and he'll help you out." "Sam here"was better known by his more formal title, former US Senator Sam Nunn.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Oh yeah? Well, I met Spanky from the Little Rascals at Augusta National!

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If false, a fine retort. If true, awesome beyond belief.

poindexter likes this.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Nice of Live From and Rich Lerner with a great interview with Uncle Verne. And a shout-out from Nantz.

Oh my goodness.

Oh.

Wow!

Maybe!

Yes sir!

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I believe he's referring to the one of a close-up of Phil Mickelson's slightly pained expression with a quote to the effect of "When you realized you had the Purdue moneyline."

TigerVols likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted