1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2024 Masters Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Also, are there names, row by row, to go with this great photo?
    Gotta have that every year. Golfers get old and change. ... and so did I. :eek:

So I always want a photo, with names, explained all the way.
    And if I've missed it here, please link me to someone who did it right.

MileHigh likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Did Fuzzy serve fried chicken and watermelon for his champions dinner?

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wow, you guys are much more romantic about these Trump-loving money grubbers than I am. Good on ya. The curtain has been pulled back and I find the high level pro golfers, in general, to be as unlikeable as any group of athletes.
    I hope to see some good golf. But other than that, I can't get misty-eyed over the dinner, Butler cabin, and the par 3 any more. But that's just me.

BurnsWhenIPee and TigerVols like this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

First tee time at 10:30 a.m. Never underestimate the sub-air system at the toooonamint.

5. nickp

nickp Active Member

Last week was Wrestlemania Now it’s time for the masters

6. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Right there with you.

After being around some of them while covering the Champions Tour for several years, I think you're right on the money. But it made being around some of the good ones that much more enjoyable for me.

The top of the list may have been Lee Trevino. The way he would give Nicklaus shit to his face in press conference situations was beautiful. One time it was something like, "I've got to be strategic about when I spend time in America and when I spend time in Mexico. Jack's guy wants to build that wall to keep me out ... I guess Jack doesn't want me around anymore." And you could just about see the smoke coming out of Jack's ears, but he was too PR-conscious to respond.

Some of the others were so accommodating and understanding of the jobs that others had to do, so it was fun (and I didn't know or care about the politics). People like Tom Watson, Davis Love III, Fred Funk, Tom Lehman, Retief Goosen. Now Scott Hoch and Corey Pavin? Fuck them until the end of time.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Ah, take note that it's PGATUOR even in the logo. I still think the Tour would stand a pretty good chance of winning a lawsuit.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I bet the Tour has tried and failed.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Wyndham Clark brought nine(!) putters to Pebble, shot a 60, and has been off and running since.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Bam Bam at 7-under with the 18th to play.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess I'll have to start thinking about him again, at least for the rest of the week.

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Pfft. Tiger's on pace to shoot 72 under.

MileHigh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted