1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former Malaysian PM: "There is No Such Thing As a Moderate Muslim"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Sep 15, 2006.

1. The defense rests.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Did someone here mention Jews?

[​IMG]

3. It's kind of like nothing of the sort.
    Defense Exhibit B, your Honor.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Junkie
    Sorry, my friend, I don't see where anyone here is legitimazing terrorist attacks.

But this hysterical "They're gonna kill us all" shit from Hondo gets tiresome real fast.

BTW, I thought you had retired. :)

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, my first attribution.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Junkie, our treaty of a couple of years ago doesn't expire until 2050. So you and I are good. :)

I think that, as a way of explanation, Fenian et al are trying to go beyond the trite and annoying "They hate our freedoms" explanation.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess that Dr. M knows a little bit more about Muslims and how they feel than Fenian. Just a wild guess.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When they say that THEY WANT TO KILL ALL JEWS I generally don't assume it's out of love.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on your definition of "jew-hating".

Dr. M On Jews

"The Jews for example are not merely hook-nosed, but understand money instinctively."

Later, on the drop in the value of the Malaysian currency:

"We are Muslims and the Jews are not happy to see Muslims' progress. We may suspect that they have an agenda but we do not want to accuse them... If viewed from Palestine, the Jews have robbed Palestinians of everything but they cannot do this in Malaysia, so they do this."

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/review/people_full_story.asp?service_id=3066

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Seriously, I can see Arabs hating Jews. OK, whatever.

But Malaysians? What the hell is that all about?

11. Actually, I don't think this guy knows any more about "what Muslims all over the world think than anyone else does."
    I think he knows what he'd like them to think.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Who had Palestine/Israel under power at first? It's nice how you say "Israel offered full citizenship to Palestinians in return for peace." That's the same thing that happened before the Crusades except it was the other way around.

Draft saved Draft deleted