1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Francona out as Boston Manager

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by skiptomylou2, Sep 30, 2011.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Francona lifted the Curse of the Bambino now he should be tossed because they missed the playoffs on the last day of the season?

The blame lies with the players and someday management is going to realize that they need to blame the workers just like happens in every other industry.

You blame Francona if he sits Lester and Beckett while Wakefield and other AAA starters are starting. You don't blame him because Papelbon cannot get through Reimhold and Andino, guys who were not even there Opening Day.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Awesome.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Francona: Two World Series rings as manager there.
    Managers from 1918-2003:

Enough said.

4. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Theo Epstein's ego won't allow him to accept blame. And ownership, having already secured its place in Boston lore by breaking the curse, is now too concerned with making money (from the Red Sox and its other, newer holdings) to care much about Theo's job performance. As long as the Red Sox remain a cash cow, John Henry & Co. are happy.

5. THERE WAS NO FUCKING SUCH THING AS THE CURSE OF THE BAMBINO.

ONLY THE IGNORANT THINK THERE WAS

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Spending a 160 million on payroll means they don't care?

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I thought GMs running off the successful coach/manager in a fit of egotistical pique only happened to teams owned by Jerry Reinsdorf.

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I just saw the Bartman doc on ESPN and I thought, wow, Cubs fans are bigger assholes than Boston fans-I previously thought that was unpossible. So for 48 hours, the Cubs slipped ahead of the FauxSox as my second most-hated team behind the Dodgers.

Congrats, Epstein, you got your team back into second place.

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

And btw-this cockslag, skiptotheloo...WOWWWWW way to go out on a limb and call something that had a 50-50 shot at happening.

In other breaking news, Adam met Eve and I drink liquor. Often.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Talk about the perfect storm.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hey, Lou told you. His sources told him.

I think we all owe him an apology.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It was my turn today.

Draft saved Draft deleted