1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frustrations Mount at Washington Post as Its Business Struggles

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Aug 30, 2022.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait, Jeff Bezos is evil now?

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

3. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

4. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Can you mitigate your giddy joy a bit? I know some people who are going to be executed, and I suspect others do as well.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Expecting like 12 percent of the company to take buyouts… good luck with that.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I guess the subscribers got tired of reading about how this could be the end of Trump and it never happening.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, that’s what it is. Dipshit.

dixiehack likes this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Maybe they can sell blue check marks to super readers.

Seriously, though, fuck the likes of Bezos and Musk.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I feel bad for all the people they’ve hired in the newsroom over the last few years.

They were given the whole song and dance about how we’ve made it out of the abyss, that Bezos gave them the “runway” to turn things around.

Some of them are folks I know.

I read something a while back that someone had offered them $250m or so for Arc (their CMS). They turned down the offer. And it’s not worth anywhere near that $250m.

Sounds like the old publisher was a piece of work and responsible for a bit of this mess.

12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I wonder how much longer Bezo retains interest in running the Post. I also read that someone offered a bunch of money for that system. If he wants to sell he could separate the ARC system and either oerpate taht or sell it. Then he sells the paper to another vanity buyer of the New York Times.

Draft saved Draft deleted