1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fyre Festival disaster

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I used to love the Virginia Craft Brewers Fest, but it's gotten a little too expensive, and to your point, I have close to 30 breweries within an hour's drive, so there really isn't the urgency to have them all rounded up in one place. There's almost too much to try at once, so you get a little overwhelmed. I'd much rather take a day and sample seven or eight tap rooms in northern Virginia, for instance, than do the festival thing any more.

Vombatus and YankeeFan like this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Heretic! That's why you stay overnight. The festival is a two day thing isn't it?

Hell, I've never been. And in my backyard no less.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I was at Devils Backbone this weekend and thought of ya, Vombie.

Vombatus likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

One of these days we should have a Gathering at the VB Arsenal and Ancestral Hunting Grounds. I'll even let SJ folks shoot some long barreled guns. With fine VA Craft Beer.

Um. Hmm. What could possibly go wrong?

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

In.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It just moved to Charlottesville because of the whole DB In-Bev thing. There was overnight camping at base camp when it was in Roseland, but the festival itself was just a one-afternoon deal.

Triple Crossing is holding a small beerfest at its Fulton location in a few weeks, but that $75 ticket is a little too rich for what you get, which is essentially 24 4 oz. samples. Love Triple, but that's an expensive place to drink on the regular.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Kid is 26 and looking at 10 years in prison. Goes to show, you rip off white privileged kids and you’re gonna pay.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I guess he needed some cash to pay his lawyers, huh?

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted