1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I forget what it was when I played it, but I was hoping for something like +600 or +700.
    I played it before as a goof, and of course this is the year I decide to get serious.

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I did not get back to even tonight. :D But I only ended up down a few bucks. Fun game.

Batman likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Went 3-for-8 on my props. Had the worst possible outcome of all my futures bets (Chiefs +333), so I lost a little money there.
    The last sequence and the last play not being a kneeldown gave me a break-even night, or at least close enough to call it that.

Kind of disappointed in Kenneth Gainwell. He got 21 yards and I needed 30. He got his touches but just never got going. At least he went down 2 inches short of the end zone to let Hurts get the first touchdown.

I don't care how you pronounce Marquez Valdes-Scantling's name, to me it's just "Asshole." Had him O59.5 yards. He had no catches and one target.

I was miffed that the first — and only — sack of the game was credited to a random Chief who was in the general vicinity when Hurts ran out of bounds untouched. But since Haason Reddick barely even got close to sack, it's a "whatever."

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Four punts. Grrrrr.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I basically only played for free bets yesterday. Lost a risk-free parlay and lost a $5 bet on the under (ugh) so I could get in on the Gronk free FD bets. DK gave everyone a $5 free bet so I placed it on the 3-3 square, which didn't come close to hitting.

I'm left with two $10 free bets on FD, and once I use those, I think I'm done with sports betting for the foreseeable future. I've been on the wrong side of about 90 percent of my coin-flip bets in the last few months, and it's just not fun any more.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Threw a $5 free bet on Gainwell to score the first TD at 19-1 odds. Grrrrr.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The Eagles half / Chiefs game worked out well. Overall, not too shabby for my “clients” in legal states.

8. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I won two $5 bets, and lost one.
    1) First score is a FG. LOSS
    2) Chiefs cover +1.5. WIN
    3) Team that scores first doesnt win. WIN

Net profit. $5.30

exmediahack likes this.
  9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Also, the Philly punter made the tackle on the long punt return.

BetRivers. Will a punter/kicker make a tackle? +2000

10. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Took both Alabama and Purdue to win it all.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Won the $250 third quarter SB square in my nephew's baseball fundraiser.

Draft saved Draft deleted