1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

On a little hockey run lately. I paired Bo Horvat & Anthony Beauvillier in the reunion game last week and hit that when Beauvillier scored a redirect in the final couple minutes with the Canucks already up one. Tonight, I decided to use one of my Super Bowl free bets on a Devils-Blue Jackets goal parlay. After about 15 seconds of rigorous research, I decided to pair Yegor Sharangovich and Johnny Gaudreau.

It's 1-1 after one thanks to goals by Yegor Sharangovich and Johnny Gaudreau, who scored his goal with 1.3 seconds left in the period. That's a nice payout of $69,75 on a free $5 bet. Is this what it's like to be you, @exmediahack? :D

Cosmo, Batman and playthrough like this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Haha. Back in 2021/22… pretty much.

Biggesr free bet I ever hit. A $100 free bet I put on Mexican league soccer for a 2-1 final score. It hit +950.

I hit an NHL correct score for a 4-3 final score a couple years ago. $2.50 paid out $57. Bravo!

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Thought I'd kept my hockey streak going with a three-leg parlay betting the overs on Oilers-Red Wings, Rangers-Canucks and Ducks-Sabres. But I just checked and I bet the under on Ducks-Sabres...but also accidentally legged Oilers-Red Wings, so I'm going to come out ahead tonight. Here's to short attention span betting!

exmediahack likes this.
  4. exmediahack

Goal first ten minutes of NHL.
    Run first inning
    Score on opening drive.
    Par/birdie/eagle first hole.

Action junkies unite.

5. exmediahack

Brad Keselowski +2200 today… for old time’s pandemic sake.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Looked good for a little while.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Gambling TikTok has led me to dome good handicappers. Or maybe they're just hot. Today they gave me a 4-0 day:

Cincy/UCF over 139½
    Oilers/Avalanche over 6½
    Washington State -1½ over Oregon
    UNLV +7½ over Boise St.

On the heels of yesterday's 4-2. And Friday's 1-0. And Thursday's 2-1.

Now if I can just lay off those parlays ...

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

My hockey heater continues. I'm 3-for-3 with over/under two-way parlays the last two days...nothing that's going to make me rich, but it's getting me closer to breaking even after a long drought. Also legged Miles Wood +540 scoring on a three-way parlay...the two good players didn't score but he did, one night after his line didn't play at all in the third period. Figured he was a good candidate to randomly bounce back.

9. exmediahack

Michigan State-Iowa BAD beat on Saturday.

Sparty up 13 with 1:45 left. Iowa rallies to force OT and wins by six. 112-106.

Iowa was -5.5.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Had a similar beat about 25 years ago in the Patriot League, a big dog was keeping it just close enough to cover for me, then decided to go crazy and force OT. Proceeded to get their doors blown off in said OT, not even covering the double digits. Those are the ones you never forget.

Batman likes this.
  11. exmediahack

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I still get pissed off about a San Francisco-Gonzaga game from a couple of years ago. IIRC, it was the final leg of a three-teamer. Had San Francisco +9.5 at home, and they were keeping it close the whole way. About 1:45 left and the game is tied, and it looks like I'm going to cruise home.
    Then Gonzaga hits a 3 to take the lead, San Francisco misses a shot, and Gonzaga comes down and hits another quick 3. All of a sudden, there's 1:15 left and I'm starting to sweat. Another San Francisco miss, another Gonzaga basket, and all of a sudden we're in free throw territory.
    Gonzaga wound up finishing the game on a 13-0 run, punctuated by a breakaway dunk with a few seconds left, to pull the cover out of its ass in the last 90 seconds.
    Like you said, you never forget those kicks in the balls.

playthrough likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted