1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

They always have the cash on hand to play a state-sanctioned game with odds 8x worse than betting -110 lines. :)

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I didn't say they were utilizing logic in dispensing their cash!

The lottery line--especially for scratchoffs--almost always looks like a desperate place.

exmediahack likes this.
  3. exmediahack

My issue is when it clogs up the damn line.
    In this era of making sure to be inclusive, what about the lottery junkies who are homebound or immobile? Why can’t they also have the opportunity to piss their dollars away on scratch offs? There could be an ADA issue here.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My oldest son has a california lottery app where you can scan all losing scratcher tickets to enter "second chance" drawings.

We aren't a big lotto or scratcher family. We get them for Xmas stocking stuffers or a random holiday. But he always collects our losers.

A few months ago, he sent a picture of a check he got from the California Lottery - a check for $1,000 in a second chance drawing!

I now have a California Lottery app. I asked my wife to discreetly look for losing scratchers around the machine when she goes to the supermarket.

I was told politely to pound sand.

5. exmediahack

I have this awesome, cigar-smoking photographer I work with once a week.

I’ve seen him go to gas stations and come out with a couple thousand scratch off losers. He also goes to the racetrack a couple times a year and collects the tickets people throw down.

“Gambling losses.”

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Tried a first HR parlay.

Josh Jung came through.

Matt Chapman just whiffed.

The sweat begins. No HRs in Toronto will give me the Jung payoff. But I want both.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Now this is one fucking atrocious bad beat.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Plus a little extra swagger on the celebration, just to rub your nose in it.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Have taken the week off since hitting a tiny bet on the Warriors-Kings in-game over on Sunday. Back to the Bundesliga. Took Dortmund ML and over 2.5 goals against Bochum and it's 1-1 in the 10th, so as long at Dortmund wins, it hits. Go Dortmund.

exmediahack likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My son went through a phase where he wanted scratch offs instead of his allowance. He helped me with shoveling snow a few years back and I told him I’d give him $10. He insisted on a scratch off and I told him that it was ridiculous but he insisted. Won $200. Ingrate.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’ve been using the DK risk free SGP on the NBA every day. They are mostly suckers bets, but when I don’t hit, I have been using the free bet for one of their boosts the following day. Been profitable.

Hit 6 of 7 legs on an SGP for the Man United-Spurs match yesterday. 4 players having shots on target (2 of them at least 2), 1 player to score, United corner totals and United to win. At halftime, I had hit on 5 of the legs and I hit on the corners early in the second half. Unfortunately, United blew a 2-0 lead and there goes my +2925 SGP.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Dortmund, boo.

Draft saved Draft deleted