1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Precisely this. I'm not in this to make a bunch of money. Just to have fun and not have to put money into my account very often. I'm still playing off that initial $50 stake from six weeks ago, and I'd like to keep it that way. That's why my go-to unit is $10 (or way less if I'm feeling spunky and try for one of those dumb 8-leg parlays with +7000 odds or whatever.)

exmediahack and Batman like this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I quit on college football. I can’t get a read on it. NFL? I won my fifth three-leg early game parlay of the year today. Carolina-Miami over, Cincy -2.5 and Saints-Texans under. Bought some points that proved unnecessary.

Should be noted that New Orleans has gone under in all six games.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Trying to keep the good vibes rolling in the 1 p.m. window.

Buffalo -6.5 adjusted spread
    TB -2.5
    CLE-IND U42.5 adjusted total
    +558 with a 20 percent boost

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Oof. All good things must come to an end. CLE- IND at 31 points five minutes into the second.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Best obscure bet today.

NFL Grand Salami. Over 518.5 points scored in all sunday games.

thinking is the league needs more scoring and will tone down the offensive holding and DPI. Looking good so far.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Went 5-1-1 on college picks on Saturday, although the one loss (Missouri-South Carolina O59; it didn't get within an area code of it) messed up what would've been a profitable four-team parlay. And then the push was a stupid backdoor cover by Auburn with a minute to go.
    Alas.

Then today my cheapo NFL three-teamer was Bills-Raiders-Lions. Wasn't even on the same continent on any of those.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Where did you find that?

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Still in awe of the 30.5 total for Iowa/Minny and it going comfortably under. Wonder what Iowa/Northwestern will be in two weeks.

9. exmediahack

Caesars and FanDuel.

Fezzik is all over this pick. It’s fun as a novelty.

10. exmediahack

I gave out first half under 16 but game Over 30. Just a disaster of football.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I had the same three-teamer on moneylines. Was over before 12:30.

Batman likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I thought the Raiders and Lions might be toss-up games. I did not see the unholy ass-kickings they got coming at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted